Situated in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West Province.
Directions to Three Cities Madikwe Safari Lodge
Madikwe Charters flies from Johannesburg International on a daily basis, approximately 45 min flight.
Contact nr: 011 805 4888
View Map – from Sun City to Madikwe River Lodge
View Map – from Jhb to Madikwe via Zeerust
DIRECTIONS FROM JOHANNESBURG TO MADIKWE RIVER LODGE THROUGH ABJATERSKOP GATE
- From Johannesburg get on the N1 Pretoria North road.
- Follow signs N4 Rustenburg
- Continue along the N4 through Groot Marico into Zeerust.
- In Zeerust you will see a sign directing you to Gaborone / Madikwe Game Reserve turn right on the R47 / R49.
- It is +- 90 km to the Abjaterskop Gate.
- Inside the reserve follow Derdepoort Gate signs for +- 32km, till you see a Madikwe River Lodge turnoff to the right. +- 3 km to the lodge.
- In total it is about 380 km, and will take +-4.5 hours.
DIRECTIONS FROM JOHANNESBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO MADIKWE RIVER LODGE VIA PILANESBURG – DERDEPOORT GATE
- From Johannesburg(Jhb) International Airport follow the R21, north, to Pretoria (Tshwane) through Kempton Park.
- After +- 40 km follow N1 north to, Pretoria (Tshwane), Pietersburg (Polokwane).
- From the N1, +- 12 km, take N4 west into Pretoria (Tshwane), to Rustenburg or Hartebeespoort/dam.
- Follow the N4 through Pretoria, +- 60 km to Hartebeespoort/dam.
- From Hartebeespoort, follow N4 to Rustenburg for about +- 30km, go on the R556 to Sun City.
- +- 94 km to Sun City.
- Pass Sun City’s entrance (on your right hand side)
- Pass the Sun Village garage and shopping centre. (It is recommended that you fill up with fuel at the Sun Village garage.
- +- 5 km from Sun Village turn right at the T junction towards Derdepoort.
- +- 10 km further turn right towards Bapong.
- Carry on straight on this road for +- 40 km. ( Do not turn off at the Madikwe Hospital sign!)
- At the second 4 way stop turn right to Derdepoort.
- +-30 km gravel road starts at the Dwarsberg about 15km after that turn right towards Derdeport
- After about 40km you will get a 4 way stop turn left to the gate